The DV-8’s (pronounced ‘deviates’) are a group of Shadowrunners that have been operating in Seattle since almost six months ago.
Origin of the name
The name deviates was taken from a news spot addressing the end of a murderous rampage of joyboys and joygirls on the streets of Redmond. An interview by Candy Ward of Seattle’s Channel 77 Action News with an anonymous man, identifying himself only using the moniker Pariah, claimed that he and a few other ‘concerned citizens’ had ended the ‘Jack the Ripper’ murders by killing the suspected attacker in a shootout just moments before. They had left the scene before the reporter was able to get more information. In her wrap-up, she summarized the group that had just left, as ‘social deviates, who were willing to take matters into their own hands.’ Shortly thereafter, an associate of theirs began to identify them (albeit, mockingly) as deviates – the name stuck.
- Chips – A decker from the streets of Seattle.
Martin Brown– (Deceased) A former judge from Tacoma.
- Dorothea Winfield – Wife of Doc and resident medical care provider.
- Dr Maroni Street Doc and operator of Reliable Health Care in Bellevue
- Lieutenant Case of the CFSA’s Legion of the Damned
- Madame Janeet Talismonger and proprietor of the Mayadeva Center for Astral Guidance and Hermeticisim
- Roxanne Wunter – Urlan Manes’ personal aide at Global Technologies.
- Takashi Ito – Associate in the Yakuza.
- Tovarich – The owner of Gregor’s Pawn and Trade in Renton.
- Walter McKinnon – Tacoma district councilman
- Zany – A former Chiller Thrillers ganger and wife of Pariah
Accolades and Souvenirs
- Believed to be the group that ended Griffin’s ‘Jack the Ripper’ murders in Redmond.
- Fought Wei Lange, a dragon and leader of the Cyber Dragons twice. Once, themselves retreating, the second time driving him off instead. Rewarded with Empress Jingû’s rose, Asai Nagamasa Wakizashi, Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s Menpo & Oda Nabunaga’s Ceremonial Kabuto.
- Rewarded with A magical cameo, An old flintlock pistol, and some confederate paper currency for helping Maxine Wilson.
- Uncredited in their directly involvement in ending the criminal rampage of Daniel Vasilyev in Las Vegas.